Antero Reservoir: Rules & Regulations
Fishing Regulations: Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Bag/possession limit for trout is two of any size.
- Ice fishing allowed only when conditions permit. Denver Water does not monitor ice conditions; therefore it is important to be aware of changing ice conditions and proceed at your own risk.
- Only portable ice fishing shelters are permitted and must be removed from surface of lake when not in use.
- Fish caught and placed on a stringer, in a container or live well, or not returned to the water immediately count toward daily bag and possession limit.
- Boats are allowed on the reservoir a half-hour before sunrise to a half-hour after sunset.
- All trailered boats must be inspected for aquatic nuisance species before entering the water.
- The north boat ramp is open seven days a week, and the south boat ramp is open Friday through Monday.
- Tying off boats to buoys is prohibited.
- PFDs (Personal Floatation devices) must be worn at all times by children 13 years and under.
- Toilet facilities on any vessel must be completely self-contained.
- Permanent boat storage is prohibited.
- It is unlawful to operate a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Mandatory boat inspections for aquatic nuisance species occur at the north boat ramp seven days a week and at the south boat ramp Friday through Monday.
- Small trailered or small non-trailered, hand-launched watercraft (belly boats, canoes, kayaks, etc.) may launch from south ramp.
- The north shore is a day use area only. OVERNIGHT CAMPING IS PROHIBITED.
- Leaving a camper, trailer, pitched tent, motor vehicle or trailer unattended for more than 24 hours is prohibited.
- All types of camping are restricted to a total period of NO MORE THAN 14 DAYS. Following the 14-day period, person(s) may not relocate within the Antero area for a period of seven days.
- Quiet hours are between 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- All campfires of any nature on any lands, including all shoreline areas of the reservoir, are prohibited except where fireplace grills and fire rings have been provided.
- Swimming, wading, scuba diving, wind surfing and water-skiing are prohibited.
- Discharging firearms, except when hunting, is prohibited.
- All pets must be kept on a leash and under control at all times. Pet owners must clean up after pets.
- Motor vehicles are restricted to designated roads and parking areas.
- State traffic and game laws apply at the Antero area unless otherwise specified.
- Off-road vehicle use of the area is prohibited.
- Snowmobiling on the reservoir is prohibited.
- It is unlawful to use, light, or ignite fireworks or explosives of any type.
- All special events require a permit.