Closing Date: July 17, 2012
Hiring Range: $5,473 to $6,978 monthly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water’s Planning Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Hydraulic Engineer III. Under direction, performs a variety of professional hydraulic, planning, and operational studies requiring originality and independent judgment; assists in planning of future Departmental facilities.
The successful candidate will also have the following qualifications for appointment:
- Knowledge of the operation of treated water systems.
- Considerable knowledge of hydraulics, fluid mechanics, statistical analysis and water distribution modeling.
- Knowledge of nonpotable water systems.
- Ability to review research findings on water consumption and conservation, and to summarize pertinent material for Departmental management.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public and other private and public sector organizations.
Qualifications for this position
Education: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in civil engineering or related field.
Experience: Four years’ experience in hydraulic engineering and treated water facility system development, including extensive public contact, and administration and development of Department standards, policies and procedures, and some supervisory experience is desirable.
License, Certificate or Credential: Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado is desirable.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a funded pension plan, a 401(k) plan with 3 percent match, a 457 deferred compensation plan, health and dental coverage, life insurance, and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruiter: Brian Haggerty