Closing Date: September 18, 2012
Hiring Range: $5,086.17 to $6,484.84 monthly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water’s Planning division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of I.T. Applications Developer III/Programmer Analyst within our Raw Water Analysis Section. Under direction the selected qualified candidate will provide technical expertise in the analysis, design, development and delivery of software applications.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Apply technical expertise in the analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of moderately difficult software applications.
- Perform analysis of software applications requirement needs and contribute to the design of new applications and/or participate in the selection process of packaged software applications and assist with the installation of hardware and software by others.
- Perform, maintain and manage installs, upgrades, patch application and troubleshooting to third-party packaged software applications. Includes acting as a back-up PC support technician when required.
- Provide support and trains users and IT personnel in the use of the application developed and/or purchased.
- Provide project status reports as required.
Qualifications for appointment:
- Considerable knowledge of maintaining and enhancing new computing environment. Current software in Access/Excel/VBA, Python, Qt and FORTRAN.
- Considerable knowledge of contemporary programming techniques, system analysis, design techniques and other software development methodologies. Considerable knowledge of project planning.
- Analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Ability to deal with frequent change by being flexible and adaptable to evolving situations.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and become proficient in those technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with the ability to express complex technical concepts in layman terms.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
Education Requirements: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent education, as determined by the requirements for specialized knowledge.
Experience Requirements: Four years’ experience in programming and systems analysis and design, including two years of programming in a specialized area as determined by the requirements for a particular position.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan; a 401(k) plan with 3 percent match; a 457 deferred compensation plan; health and dental coverage; life insurance; and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruiter: Alice Montez